dragons fly and monkey tea

Monday, August 20, 2007

the wise kept silent ....

please feel free to comment on my last post!
i was reading my diary ... this was my diary entry for 20/6/93, its a quote from a book that wrote down ...
'one of the just men came to Sodom, determined to save its inhabitance from sin and punishment .... night and day he walked the streets and markets protesting against greed and theft, falsehood and indifference. In the beginning people listened and smiled ironically. then they stopped listening:he no longer even amused them. The killers went on killing, the wise kept silent, AS IF THERE were no just man in their midst.
One day a child moved by compassion for the unfortunate teacher, approached him with these words ..."Poor stranger, you shout, you scream, don;t you see that it is helplesss?' "Yes I see" answered the Just man.
Then why do you go on?
I'll tell you why. in the beginning, I thought I could change man. Today i know i can not. If I still shout today, if i scream, it is to prevent man from ultimately changing me....One Generation After, in the Testament.

4 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Nice...

BOok?

7:46 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Ady said...

alas--it doesn't (and as we see in the story--didn't) work. Protesting somehow leads toward us becoming like that which we protest. This is part of the inescapable trap of being human.

=)

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhealine... where have you gone? I have finally started reading your blog again.. and alas, nothing! Anything to procrastinate from writing this essay. Whilst you are wise, it is time for you to be silent no more.

Please can we have a post from you? I will exchange it for many cups of tea and pink grapefruit juice.

On another note...who is excited that Justin is coming for a visit to Aus soon??

Em

5:58 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Ady said...

em

you have a better chance of catching r on facebook. I think she may have permanently loss the password to this blog, which is very slightly amusing in it's own way.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home