5 things you don't know about me - via my random thoughts!
Here are my random thoughts and feelings. They are not profound. But its good to share. Helena – tonight is the night! They also will be the 5 things you don’t know about me (as tagged by Ben from oxymoronredundancyparadoxtrap – I think that is right, no idea how to put a link in there!). So the 5 things you don’t know about me are in bold type.
1. I read 'Life of the Beloved', by Henri Nouwen yesterday. I really connect with it. He writes with tenderness, so if your heart is feeling tender, and wants refreshment by God's truths, have a read. For me he represents the 'mystic' part of the church, the body. A part of the body I really value, that expresses the journey and experience of the heart, or soul, as it interacts with God, his truths, and his people. One thing he talks about, is that we are blessed (and in no way is that financially or materially!!), but blessed in Who We Are – (using capitals then made this feel Very whinny-the-pooh!). And the importance of having the truth of your blessedness firmly established in your heart. I gave a talk this morning to a group of Christians, and was really touched by this idea of praying God's blessing on people. At the end, I offered to pray a blessing with people. It ended up being a long day! To have someone speak words of truth and life (not just words of affirmation – such as you are a great listener etc, which is so important to do), but God's words of truth which establish a person's identity, is so powerful. That they are created and established in love – by the Great Lover, the creating force of eternity and time, that they are declared Lovely Pure Blameless in Christ, that they are secure in him, that they have been forgiven and set free from the guilt and bondage of sin, that they are a son/daughter of the most high God. That they are not alone, because Christ promised that when he left, the Counselor, the Spirit of Truth would come, and abide in the hearts of believers... it was a privilege to do this with people. ... "that you being rooted and established in love, may have strength to comprehend, with all god's people, what is the breadth and length and height and depth of the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God". Eph 3:17-19. I need to know this. I guess its why it touched me.
2. I am really struggling to discern what is 'me' and 'what is God in me', and whether this distinction really matters. Do you know I mean? And, I want to love unselfishly, but when I try and do this, I am more than ever made aware of my own need for love. And I so thankful to people who have taught me with grace, the revelation of Emanuel – God amongst us.
3. I cry a bit when I hear and witness 'life'. I don;t do this as much as i 'should'. There is so much pain, so much suffering, so much despair. I felt overwhelmed by it lately – thus no blogging. Yep. Sometimes, there is nothing to say. There are some actions I know I can take in certain situations to alleviate that pain. And there is a God that I know cares even more deeply than I do. And I feel that the only response I can make is to cry out to God, and call and beg and plead with him to act. Pray with me for Iraq. Don't stop. I am not saying don't act. But I am saying Do Pray. I don;t do this nearly as much as i 'should'. God hears ... 'do not stop crying out to the lord for us, that he might save us.' 1 Samuel 7:8, ....'to him who is able to able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" ...Eph 3:20 ...
4. And I have to be honest, I also see the blessings and the beauty. That can bring tears too! Again, not as often as it 'should'.
5. The first album I bought was Material Girl, Madonna. I thought I was so cool! I saved up my pocket money for 12 weeks and then dad took me to buy it. I still remember it. The record cost $12!
Random thoughts aside. 2007 is here. Gotta make it count.

12 Comments:
Cry out and plead, R! I'm with you.
My first CD was Immaculate Collection... Its my secret shame...
Finally.
Oh dear oh dear. I had Abba's Greatest Hits Vol II.
There never was a vol 1. Why? Oh Why?
Actually, Justin used to dress up like Madonna in those days.
Hey Rhea, love to have more of your thoughts and insights over at
www.youbook.blogspot.com !
Glad, somehow, that I didn't get to know Justin until after the cross dressing days
"And the importance of having the truth of your blessedness firmly established in your heart"
...you must be a christain, R, so blithely speaking of (near) impossibilites with such (nearly) infinite hope...
thankyou for playing blog tag!
michael! ha ha - abba! so good. and the fav song was??? i will visit you now i am back for my own refreshment! as for justin dressing like madonna, which madonna 'period' was he down with? i am with ben!
hey ben! yeah, i'm a christian!
what part of that quote is near impossiblities? genuinely interested. R
hey ben. that was a dumb question.apologies.
i guess i think blessedness is established by an act of your will and an act of god by the holy spirit, revealing his truths into your heart. so yes, in that sense it is near impossible, made possible by God. for me, the reality of my blessedness, and my expoerience of my blessedness are 2 different things, but +should+ be the same. the experience of my blessedness is a journey, where i often oscilate between faith and doubt ....i will think more and get back on hope....
Hi Rhea,
The anonymous 'finally' above wasn't me just so you know. So i'm clearly not the only one who felt the lag in blog posts was too long!
Helen
i talk too much. i need to listen more .... R
MPJ--
?
!
:)
I deny all allegations...
Post a Comment
<< Home